www.cochise.az.gov or www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cochise
Facilities and Fleet Departments,
Internal Services Administrative Group, Bisbee
This Position is Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act
OPENS: Thursday, January 19, 2017
CLOSES: Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5pmSALARY: $41,000 - $66,476 annually, plus a competitive benefits package
PREFERENCE: Preference may be given to applicants who possess related supervisory skills and/or experience.
TYPICAL DUTIES: (Illustrative Only) Manages and supervises the administrative group accounting function: coordinates the financial management of programs, grants, and contracts; compiles and analyzes financial information; prepares financial projections and coordinates financial benchmarking; prepares, administers, and monitors the departments’ annual budgets and capital improvement programs; prepares monthly internal financial reports and quarterly budget variance reports; prepares and/or approves budgetary transfers and journal entry requests; assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring internal control policies and procedures; acts as liaison to the Cochise County Finance Department relating to GASB 34 infrastructure reporting; supervises general accounting, payroll, revenue accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing; supervises and trains staff as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the County’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of:
- principles, practices, theories and procedures of government accounting;
- financial record keeping and reporting procedures;
- automated accounting systems and applicable software applications;
- principles, practices of fund accounting;
- modern office practices and procedures;
- the principles and practices of management and supervision.
- public sector budgetary and accounting principles and practices.
Considerable skill in:
- performing and verifying difficult mathematical computations;
- using computerized budget/financial tracking and reporting programs.
- prepare, maintain, and analyze financial records;
- define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents;
- solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public;
- communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- write financial policies;
- assist departments with written procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
You may apply on-line through our website (www.cochise.az.gov) or www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cochise. Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. Arizona Time on the closing date of the announcement in order to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. The applicant must clearly demonstrate on the application form that they meet the minimum qualifications for the position.