Planning & Zoning Technician (100716)
Planning & Zoning Department, Sierra Vista and Bisbee
CLOSES: Open Until Filled (may close at any time without prior notice)
SALARY: $22,525 - $33,313 annually, plus a competitive benefits package.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED equivalent, and three (3) years of general clerical or customer service experience; OR, one (1) year administrative support experience in planning/building code program or department, or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities of this classification; must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
PREFERENCE: may be given to applicants who possess a valid Building Permit Technician certification.
TYPICAL DUTIES: (Illustrative Only) Reviews building permit applications for completeness, calculates and receives permit fees, prepares and maintains files, transmits applications to other agencies; provides information regarding Building Code and permitting requirements to the public both verbally and in writing. Composes letters. Performs data entry, copying, filing. May review simple permit applications for compliance with International Residential Code requirements and issue permits. Serves as backup to Customer Service Program. Coordinates with staff from other State and County Programs and Departments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of:
- business English, spelling, and arithmetic;
- computer applications;
- clerical and office practices and procedures;
- map reading and interpretation.
- use of word and data processing programs and other office equipment and machines.
- make mathematical computations of routine difficulty;
- multi-task and work in an effective, organized and timely manner amid frequent interruptions;
- maintain greater than average attention to detail and accuracy;
- learn new tasks quickly;
- learn, understand and explain basic zoning, floodplain, addressing and permitting information to the public;
- maintain records and files;
- collect statistics and prepare reports;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public;
- follow written and verbal instructions; and
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
HOW TO APPLY
You may apply on-line through our website (www.cochise.az.gov) or https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cochise.
Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. Arizona Time on the closing date of the announcement in order to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. The applicant must clearly demonstrate on the application form that they meet the minimum qualifications for the position.