BBB of Southern Arizona
BBB is the resource to turn to for objective, unbiased information on businesses. Our network of national and local BBB operations allows us to monitor and take action on thousands of business issues affecting consumers at any given time.
BBB is your key adviser, most reliable evaluator and most objective expert on the topic of trust in the marketplace.
BBB does not compare businesses against each other, but rather evaluates businesses against our standards ? and our standards clearly speak to the character and competence of an organization.
BBB Standards for Trust
1. Build Trust-Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
2. Advertise Honestly-Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
3. Tell the Truth-Honestly represent products and services.
4. Be Transparent-Openly identify nature, location and ownership of business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer's decision to buy.
5. Honor Promises-Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
6. Be Responsive-Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in a good faith.
7. Safeguard Privacy-Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
8. Embody Integrity-Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses
- Setting standards for marketplace trust
- Encouraging and supporting best practices
- Celebrating marketplace role models
- Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior