Health Educator III (110516)
Health Department, Bisbee
THIS POSITION IS GRANT FUNDED
OPENS: Wednesday, November 23, 2016
CLOSES: Open Until Filled (may close at any time without notice)
SALARY: $30,000 - $46,707 annually, plus a competitive benefits package
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in health care, medical care, early childhood, special education, elementary education, secondary education, social work, nutrition, or closely related field OR four (4) years of related experience including health care, medical care, early childhood, special education, elementary education, secondary education, social work, nutrition, OR, an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities of this classification. Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
PREFERENCE: Preference may be given to applicants who have experience in marketing and health promotion.
TYPICAL DUTIES: (Illustrative Only) Act as main liaison between Cochise County and partner worksites; recruit interested worksites and schools to promote healthy worksite policy development; partner with and provide resources to worksites and schools to assist in the development of a wellness program; develop, organize, and present appropriate materials to worksites and schools in regards to wellness resources and policy development; assist in the development and implementation of a worksite and school wellness policy; provide technical assistance and follow-up to worksites and schools during the policy development process; conducts marketing and community outreach to increase services; ensures accurate documentation and recordkeeping; prepares media articles; completes administrative program reports as assigned or required; assists with the orientation and training of new staff; assists with the evaluation and continuous quality program improvements as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of:
- fundamental theories, concepts and methods of health education;
- teaching, counseling, and evaluating methods applicable to health education;
- public health programs, functions, and services;
- prevention/control methods of communicable diseases;
- basic health care practices and collection of health information;
- the organization of health and nutrition services and referral resources;
- the principles of adult learning and teaching skills;
- dynamics of social interaction and behavior.
Considerable skill in:
- gathering, evaluating and analyzing data;
- implementing health education programs;
- interpreting and following policies and procedures;
- eliciting information through interviews and collecting client information;
- training and counseling techniques;
- office practices and procedures to include the use of computer programs.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public;
- follow the policy and procedure manual for the program;
- prepare and maintain records, charts and reports;
- apply pertinent rules and regulations required to conduct eligibility tasks;
- follow written and verbal instruction;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- work well with people of varied socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
You may apply on-line through our website (www.cochise.az.gov) or www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cochise. Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. Arizona Time on the closing date of the announcement in order to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. The applicant must clearly demonstrate on the application form that they meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Cochise County is an Equal Opportunity Employer